Before and After Weight Loss Goal

Why Am I Not Losing Weight?



why cant i lose weight

A few years ago, a friend of mine came to me and asked me if something was wrong with him.
So, naturally being ambushed with that question I asked him what he meant. He said that regardless of how hard he worked out and how much he dieted, he is not losing weight. I found that strange to believe because at the time I was just getting into the whole health and fitness lifestyle, and I thought we all were on the same playing field when it comes to losing weight. Being struck by that weird insight, I did what a normal curios person does, I turned to GOOGLE! I wanted to find out why it was harder for some people to lose weight than others. Here’s what I found out:

  1. Men can burn more calories during a workout than women - Being built with more muscle mass and usually taller; men are capable of expending more calories than women in whatever activities they may undertake.
  2. Some person have a low resting metabolic rate and high metabolic efficiency- A low resting metabolic  rate is characterize when one burns less calorie resting when compared to another person who is average. This usually results in a lower Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). High metabolic efficiency allows the body to expend fewer calories during activities than another person; hence it’s being efficient and conserving calories (which is not really good thing for some people). If you got both these attributes, losing weight might prove to be difficult as your body would be designed to conserve calories and consequently storing fat.
  3. You may think your dieting, but you are still eating the wrong food - Maintaining a proper diet is usually more complex than we initially think.
  4. Medications- If you are someone who constantly takes medication please be aware that they may allow you to gain weight. If you think that your weight gain is medical related, please consult your doctor.
  5. Genetics – The sad truth is that some persons are predisposed to be fat. If your mom  and dad have on some extra weight, it would be wise to take a look at your lifestyle and make the adjustments early

After my little search I started to look at weight loss from a completely different perspective. If you are usually the person to laugh after that fat kid or make jokes about obese people, please stop because in reality we just never know how hard they trying or what they got. Sometimes they don’t even know what they got and it can be very depressing.

Hope I have shed some light on this matter.  I just want to add that fitness is a personal matter, even if you have on some extra weight don’t forget to stay healthy.
Good luck and remember that you can be your own BEFORE AND AFTER WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS.

1 comments:

  1. I visited various blogs but the audio feature for audio songs
    present at this web page is genuinely excellent.

    my web site :: http://ultraslimpatchreviews.org

    ReplyDelete